Thursday, September 18, 2008

details, space, and remains....





Wonderfull wood detailing on the entry areas often are missed by people who live here, I asked a student who was sitting on his porch if he new what the design motif was? No idea, I asked him if he knew thomas dolliver church, no idea...I asked if he liked the detail, yep... Another space on the side of units, open for intent and use, is there for the taking. A pair of chairs, a card-table, shade on a sunny day. Spaces like this small un-owned except for the community that misses its true nature as shared community ammenity. And of course I find more "stumps" older cut down areas, looking over the maintenance yard I see the "parkmerced ad rv" which I wonder deeply how many replanted trees this vehicle could have planted on site, and restored the image, and cut landscape. Why talk to people who dont appreciate, and whose lives revolve around dollars and cents....

No comments: